As part of New York's city-wide celebration of design this month, NYCxDesign, join us in a casual conversation with kinder MODERN collaborators on May 18, 2015 from 2:00-4:00pm at the kinder MODERN showroom. Our participants include acclaimed product and furniture designers addressing the needs of the smaller set (and the creative taste of their parents); experienced interior designers crafting spaces for families; and the creators of kinder Magazine (set to debut its first issue this year), which is turning a lens on the rapidly growing field of child design.
Cocktails and small bites will be provided. Participants will learn from our guests:
- What inspires and motivates them
- How they approach designing new products and furniture for the younger set — materials, production issues, small batch creation & more
- Ideologies for creating spaces and objects the whole family will love — from new family heirlooms and transitional objects, to mixed-use play
Special guests include"
- Matthew Sullivan (AQQ Design)
- Lauren Larson & Christian Lopez Swafford (Material Lust)
- Mike Garman (Garman Furniture)
- Lora Appleton (kinder Magazine / kinder MODERN)
- Bachman Clem (Bachman Brown Design / kinder MODERN)
The kinder MODERN showroom is located at 1123 Broadway, PH / 1300 in New York City. Please visit the NYCxDesign website to RSVP for this event. We hope to see you here!