We're looking for a Mid-level Sales Associate to add to our growing team! The right candidate will have experience selling to Interior Designers and Architects, be familiar with the US design landscape, have experience selling to the trade, and a strong understanding of the global design market.
-Formulate a plan to achieve sales goals, in collaboration with the Brand Director & CEO
-Act as the primary daily contact for incoming sales inquiries and facilitate the order
process from inquiry through delivery
-Pitch new and existing kM furniture and rug products to NYC based Interiors and architecture firms
-Manage existing clients and generate new leads
-Must be a creative thinker who can formulate exciting alternative opportunities for kM with fun studio projects, editorial opportunities, and other unique ways of expanding the design community's awareness of the kinder MODERN brand.
-Plan and organize showroom visits, studio events, and motivate designers to see the kM line in person
-Create and implement sales efforts to compliment ongoing trade show & design fair showings
While primarily an internship in furniture design and/or graphic design, this dynamic and versatile internship also explores entrepreneurial strategy and small business growth, art and design, sales and marketing, and gallery management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-working on all aspects of the product design process for furniture, objet, rugs, and more!
-assisting on research projects
-creating and managing lists/databases
-assisting with photo shoot production
-supporting the staff with all facets of design and trade shows; including, but not limited to: facilitating with designers, supporting team with shipping/customs/etc, interfacing with design show external staff, assisting with installation coordination, on-site installation support
-model making in a variety of mediums
-assisting with social media
-offering gallery and office support
-layout and production of internal marketing pieces (postcards, web work, PR requests, etc)
-photoshop work on inventory design images
-concept, layout design / editorial focus (for our magazine, both print and digital)
-Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel)
-Proficient in Mac Platforms
-Experience in Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator a must! Experience in AutoCad/Rhino/Keyshot/Creative Cloud preferred!
-Must be efficient, well-organized, and able to multi-task
-Positive attitude and professional manner a must!
We are seeking a Jr. Industrial Designer to work with our Creative Director to develop and support new product development from concept through production and manufacturing for furniture, accessories, and objects.
- Concept Sketching/Exploration
- Physical Design: Rapid prototyping and model making
- 3D and 2D CAD modeling and photo realistic rendering
- Day-to-day gallery and studio support and administration as it realties to follow through with outside production facilities, material requests, etc
- Highly proficient in Rhino, Solidworks, KeyShot, and Adobe Creative Suite (flex on which 3D program you use)
- Familiar with production manufacturing processes and materials
- Able to prepare shop ready drawings
- Create form studies and prototypes with a confidence in working with your hands
- Build 3D CAD models to support form development, design detailing, and prototyping
- Understand the value of color, materials, and finishes as they apply to product design
- Must be meticulous and detail-oriented
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and flexible design environment
- Able to work full-time in our NYC / Flatiron studio
- Experience in the decorative or architectural lighting field
- Personal commitment to hard work and effective time management
- Proficiency in presentation techniques and a strong attention to detail
- US citizen or permanent resident. (no Visa sponsorship available)
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design (or en route to that degree) or related field with a strong product development focus
-Competency in relevant digital tools – Adobe CC, 3D CAD, rendering software (see above)
-Excellent hand sketching and form development skills
-Must have portfolio that showcases a thoughtful creative process (sketches and models)